The Malaysian Orthopaedic Association (MOA) has 2 awards to recognise the best published journal papers in the preceding year by members of our associations. The aim of these awards is to promote research and publication culture among MOA members and to recognise their contributions in the field of orthopaedics. The following 2 annual awards are opened to Malaysian orthopaedic surgeons who continue to do research and publish their work in orthopaedic journals.SUBIR SENGUPTA BEST PUBLISHED CLINICAL PAPER AWARD
This award is to recognise the best published clinical paper for journal papers published in the period from 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019 in either hardcopy or online journal.
P.BALASUBRAMANIAM BEST PUBLISHED TRANSLATIONAL MEDICINE (NON-CLINICAL) PAPER AWARD
This award is to recognise the best published translational medicine paper for journal papers published in the period from 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019 in either hardcopy or online journal.
A cash prize of RM2,000.00 for Subir Sengupta Best Published Clinical Paper Award.
A cash prize of RM2,000.00 for P.Balasubramaniam Best Published Translational Medicine (Non-Clinical) Paper Award.
The cash prizes are donated by Yayasan Ortopedik, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya.
- Originality and level of scientific evidence of the study.
- Potential impact towards medical science and medical practice especially in the field of orthopaedics and trauma.
- The applicant for either award must be the first author of the paper, and also a member (ordinary fellow) of MOA.
- Journal papers published in the period from 1st January 2018 to 31st December 2019 in either hardcopy or online journal will be eligible.
- Journal paper submitted “in press” will not be eligible.
- Journals papers that were considered before for past Subir Sengupta Best Published Clinical paper Award and P. Balasubramaniam Best Published Translational Medicine (Non Clinical) Paper Award are not eligible for re-submission.
- Authors of award winners will be required to present their paper during the MOA Annual Scientific Meeting to be eligible for the cash prizes. Award winners will be notified beforehand. Finalists will be provided with complimentary registration fees.
- The winning paper will be presented in a 15 minutes presentation during the MOA Annual Scientific Meeting.
- PDF copy of the paper must be submitted online before 2359hrs, 15th February 2020.
- The applicant submitting for this award is the main contributor of the work and may not necessarily be the first author or the main author of the published paper. If the main contributor of the work is submitting but not listed as the first author, the MOA Conference Secretariat will contact the first author for verification. The first author will be requested to provide a lettter stating such.
- A selection committee will be formed by the Malaysian Orthopaedic Association to evaluate all submissions and winner for each award will be announced before the conference.