This award is open to all scientists regardless of origin or levels, provided the research is related to the field of orthopaedics. This award was created more than 5 years ago to increase the participation of scientists in orthopaedics related research work in Malaysia. It is hoped that by doing so, MOA is encouraging more people to engage in serious research work, purely driven at understanding the very fundamentals of sciences that have enormous impact on orthopaedic practices.
This award is generously donated in full by Dato’ Dr K.S. Sivananthan, who is a veteran, a Past President of MOA and esteemed member of the MOA and patron of this award since its inception.The Prize
A cash prize of RM1, 000.00 donated by Dato’ Dr K.S. Sivananthan.
- This award is open to all scientists regardless of origin or levels provided the research is related to the field of orthopaedics (based on the interpretation of the scientific committee.)
- The work may take the form of clinical trials, surveys, retrospective studies, laboratory experiments or any other form of unpublished original work.
- The bulk of the work submitted must be performed by the author himself/herself even though he/she may have done the work in conjunction with other doctors or agencies either locally or internationally. However, the work must be carried out in Malaysia.
- The abstract will be evaluated on the following criteria :-
- The relevance of the work to orthopaedic research or practice.
- The scientific merit of the research.
- Sufficient introduction to justify clear research question.
- The appropriateness of the methodologies used.
- The interpretation of results and conclusions.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to answer questions from the judges.
- Upon the abstract submission deadline, all abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and shortlisted to 5 finalists. All authors will be notified of the status of their paper.
- All results are final, however the scientific committee has the right to make the final decision during special circumstances.
- The author himself/herself of a top 5 finalist abstract must present an oral presentation of the paper as well as prepare a poster presentation during the Annual Scientific Meeting of MOA. Finalists will be provided with complimentary registration fees.
- The oral presentation component is a 3 minutes oral presentation, followed by 3 minutes of Q&A with the panel of judges.
- This is followed by a second round of judging at the poster panels. The assigned time of the poster presentation judging will be informed closer to the conference date.
- The winner will be announced during the Conference Dinner and he/she must be present to accept his/her award. Finalists will be provided with complimentary Conference Dinner tickets.
Abstract submission can be done online at our website. The deadline for submission of abstract is 2359hrs, 15th February 2020.
Please refer and adhere strictly to the ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for FREE PAPER ORAL PRESENTATION and POSTER PRESENTATION for the accepted format of submission. The same submission format applies for those submitting for this award. Abstracts that do not adhere to the guideline will not be entertained.